The COVID-19 pandemic has affected our lives in similar and different ways, be it mentally, physically, financially, or otherwise. As the world grasps how to cope with this virus, we have been forced to adapt to a new normal.
East Carolina University Academic Library Services invites all university campus community members as well as Pitt County and Eastern North Carolina residents to share their stories with our Special Collections archives. We welcome submissions that document your experiences during the pandemic in any format. These might include (but are not limited to):
- Journal entries/blog posts
- Audio recordings (no larger than 128 MB; less than 2 hours on a cell phone)
- Video recordings (no larger than 128 MB; less than 1 minute on a cell phone)
- Screenshots of social media posts
Additionally, subject matter of all kinds are welcome. Possibilities include:
- Transition to learning/teaching remotely
- Working from home/job loss
- Essential worker experience
- Social distancing
- Physical health/experience with illness
- Effects on mental and emotional well being
Your experience is important to us and our shared local history. Future researchers will be better able to understand how the pandemic affected East Carolina University and the Eastern North Carolina region because of your contributions. You can submit materials through this site's Contribute Digital Item(s) and Contribute Physical Item(s) pages.
When submitting digital materials you grant East Carolina University Academic Library Services permission to include your submission in a publicly available online collection. Your submission will be made available to the public for original research. You will retain the copyright to your works.
Thank you for your contributions, and please remember to stay safe!
- East Carolina University Academic Library Services